Posted on November 19, 2012 by Meg
We’ve been so bad about posting with all the moves but I wanted to start a series on my vintage mountain wedding – you know for all of you planning for next year! Let’s start at the beginning with or save the dates that Ashley made for us.
We loved the idea of using a vintage postcard feel for Portland Oregon – plus, we save on postage!
The back that you can have customized for you – see the cute little message she put around the edge?
Love them? Buy from Ash’s shop intowee .
Stay tuned for more details from our wedding – you’ll LOVE all the DIY we did.
Filed under: Etsy shopping, Wedding | Tagged: city themed, intowee, oregon, portland, post card, save the date, vintage, wedding | Leave a Comment »
Posted on October 17, 2012 by Meg
So Ashley’s not one to brag but lately we’ve been missing in action because of moves and extra side businesses (me with PDXWildlife and Ash with Intowee). Yes you heard it right, Ashley started a new paper line on etsy. Well OK, the “line” right now is composed of these cute little sesame street invites that she made for Jax’s first birthday but she’s been steadily getting orders for that in between her school work.
Sesame Street Birthday Invitations by intowee
She has lots of other really cute stuff too (like casino themed invites and my wedding stationary for a mountain themed wedding) that we’ll feature as she puts them up.
Filed under: Baby, Children, Etsy shopping | Tagged: baby, birthday, Birthday invites, elmo, invitations, retro, sesame street, sesame street birthday, vintage | Leave a Comment »
Posted on July 11, 2012 by Meg
Mixed florals 70s cupcake stand
So I’ve toyed around with starting a “Pinterest to Realist” series here since we’re doing so many DIY for our wedding in t-minus 3 weeks and counting! Yikes! We’re having a desert table with a variety of pot-luck-style deserts (my Portland friends have graciously agreed to make a plate full of goodies each). Which means I have to figure out how to display that many deserts! I saw this on etsy:
Fresh Pastry Stand has some amazing pieces – her stuff is just gorgeous!
And instantly wanted one but on our small budget just couldn’t afford the price tag on this beautiful piece so I started on my journey to making one of my own. But if you don’t have the 30 minutes + thrifting time to do the project than by all means just buy one of the pre-made pieces from Fresh Pastry Stand on etsy.
- 1 x cake stand handle fittings ($2.99 on ebay)
- 1 x ceramic drill bit for the size of your cake stand fittings ($10)
- 3 x vintage plates in 3 sizes from your local thrift store (we got all of ours from the bins for a whooping $2.50)
- Masking tape or painting tape
- Make and X in the middle of the plates with your masking tape (to reinforce when you drill)
- Measure your plate and mark a dot for the center on your blue tape
- Drill a hole with your ceramic drill bit. Using a teaspoon of water once the hole is started helps keep temp down and helps the drill bit grip. I drilled on my lawn so the bit could go through and not ruin anything but it still allowed the plate to be supported.
- Assemble the plates with the cake stand fittings; screw on underside of plate, metal washer, plastic washer, bottom plate, plastic washer, first tier level fitting, plastic washer, middle plate, plastic washer, second tier level fitting, plastic washer, top plate, plastic washer, top handle.
See? Easy Peasy. We didn’t bother with matching plates to carefully because we had collected a few florals plates for the desert table and I only belated decided to try this. I’m so pleased with how it looks though! Especially my little 70s one.
Filed under: Crafts, DIY | Tagged: 70s, cupcake stand, directions, DIY, floral, make, make your own, plates, recycled, vintage | 3 Comments »
Posted on May 14, 2012 by Meg
You know how I’m a big fan of vintage and thrift stores so when I saw the fabulous Vintage “Mom” mug featured on Etsy for Mother’s Day I HAD to write Bohemian Seed to see if they’d contribute it to our giveaway. It was so cute and kitschy, and I hope that it’s found an appreciative new owner in Shari.
Even though Bohemian Seed had that really cool mug (and some other super cute vintage house decor items). We’re sorta in love with the summer vintage clothes she’s got up right now! We put together a rockin’ vintage bathing suit ensemble from her items – check it out:
Use this cool 70s see threw mini dress as a cover up over a white bathing suit! So retro!
Pair the cover-up with a cute crochet bag for your cell phone and sunscreen at the pool side.
Don these awesome aviator glasses to protect your eyes from the bright sunshine.
Finish off your look with these silver and gold vintage flats
Want this summer outfit? Well you’re in luck because Bohemian Seed is having a summer sale right now and if you enter the code SUMMERSALE10 at checkout you will get 10% off your purchase. So go get your vintage looks for summer!
Filed under: Etsy shopping, Fashion, Giveaway | Tagged: 70s fashion, aviator glasses, bohemian seed, clothing, Etsy, fashion, flats, pool side, style, summer, vintage, vintage bathing suit, vintage clothes | Leave a Comment »
Posted on May 9, 2012 by Meg
We all know how wonderful moms are . . . they’re always there to help you with homework, bake you cookies, be a shoulder for you to cry on, and most importantly, be the “bad guy” when you’re playing cops & robbers. So why not spoil your mom (or yourself – hey we’renot checking) by entering for this fabulous giveaway?
To honor one very special momma we’ve pulled together a plethora of Etsy vendors who have donated some of their beautiful creations/wares! Here’s what your mom gets if you win:
- A super kitschy vintage “Mom” mug from Bohemian Seed and Starbucks coffee donated via Tumblewee for a good ol’ cup of joe when mom wakes up.
- One dozen “Nana’s Cinnamon Rolls” from Love to Create3 to round out the breakfast tray you’ll be delivering the coffee on (it is Breakfast in Bed)!
- A $25 dollar gift certificate for mom to spend as she chooses at Naked Eye Beauty so she can get ready for her day after her breakfast in bed!
- Earrings and a matching ring from Jeannie Richard so she can look stylish in her outfit for the day.
You know the drill, do any of the following for an entry:
- Tell us the best memory you have about your mom!
- Comment below on your favorite item from Bohemian Seed
- Comment below on your favorite item from Love to Create3
- Comment below on your favorite item from Naked Eye Beauty
- Comment below on your favorite item from Jeannie Richard
- Comment below on your favorite item from Tumblewee
- Like us on Facebook (make sure to comment that you did so!)
- Subscribe to our blog
If you’re not a WordPress member make sure to leave your email so we can contact you if you’re the lucky winner!
We’ll pick a winner Saturday May12th at 5pm so you can tell your mom they won Good Morning Mom Giveaway at Tumblewee for Mother’s Day! Open to Canada and US residents.
Filed under: Etsy shopping, Giveaway, Holidays | Tagged: bohemian seed, breakfast in bed, cinnamon buns, coffee, Etsy, giveaway, happy, heart, jannie richard, love, love to create3, mom, mother's day, mug, naked eye beauty, starbucks coffee, tumblewee, vintage | 138 Comments »