OK so this is what we SHOULD have done for Dee’s birthday. The Plan was to fill her room with balloons while she slept so she woke up to a surprise and then finish the morning with chocolate chip pancakes but . . . Hong Kong happened!
So Saturday we threw the “party” I had planned for no reason, and you know what? I think it was better that way – just a nice surprise for the weekend! So without further ado, here’s my recipe for
healthy semi-healthy Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour (or regular flour)
- 1/3 cup oats (I actually used one a pack of brown sugar oatmeal and left the next two ingredient out)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and optional 3 drops almond extract
- brown sugar or stevia, if desired
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder (and optional: pinch baking soda for flavor)
- 1 egg (or egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup w milk (or water or maybe even juice, if you wish)
- chocolate chips galore!
- Mix all the dry ingredients. (This can be done days in advance.)
- Put liquid ingredients into dry, then stir.
- Cook on medium-low, flipping 1/2-way through.
- Top with grated chocolate or chocolate syrup sauce.
5. Add a toddler and a room full of balloons and you’ve got yourself one happy little camper!
Filed under: Baby, Children, Food, Monday Meals | Tagged: breakfast, chocolate, chocolate chip, family, food, getting kids to eat healthy, health, healthy recipes, kids, monday meals, pancakes, snack, soy free, toddler, tumblewee | 4 Comments »