- It’s hard (really hard – imagine how hard you think it’s going to be and then multiply by 100 – at least. Totally worth it though!)
- Infant potty training (to be fair I knew about this but just felt too overwhelmed in the first couple of months to even try but now I wish I would have approached it just like eating, walking, or drinking. Just do it and realize there will be messes to clean up – that’s part of the learning process and it takes WAY longer to unlearn peeing and pooping whenever and where ever baby feels like it than to just learn it proper in the beginning). We started Dee at 9 months and she was crawling to the potty and waiting to be put on by 11 months. FYI – every kid does this in China from the beginning and is potty trained by 12 months. Crazy.
- Sleep train from the beginning (we did this and have been thankful that we did! We have a baby that slept 6 hrs out of the hospital, 10 hours at 2 months, and 13+ hours by 3 months. Yay mommy and daddy time!)
- This potty seat
- Make a rule from the beginning that when they’re in a store they’re in the toddler seat in the shopping cart or stroller (it took quite a few trips to the store to realize that Dee just didn’t have the mental capability to NOT touch EVERYTHING she saw and get pulled away from all the fun stuff – breakdowns in the store are just no fun)
- On the other hand . . . take many walks where you practice various toddler attention tricks/training to make them listen to you on walks and in public places (do this is safe areas like parks and such). Approach close distance walking/training as if your kid was actually running into the street and you were saving their lives by getting them to pay attention. One day it may!
- Start brushing your babies teeth with a electronic toothbrush so that when they’re not great at brushing (and really only hold it in their mouth) they still get their teeth brushed.
- Kids are smart and can do much more than you think they can. I learned this at Dee’s daycare when I came in after a meal and all the 18 month olds were clearing their plates into milk, food, and dirty dish containers, then proceeded to go over and wash up their hands and face with damp washcloths and put those in a dirty washcloth container. My “world image” was blown to pieces. From then on I’ve made her help with everything around the house and she now loads the dishwasher, sweeps, and wipes down her tables (at 2 years old). Sure we’ll have fights in the future I’m sure but take advantage of your toddler wanting to be helpful to set good habits now!
- Water is entertaining. Anytime. Anywhere. So are bubbles.
We all know how wonderful moms are . . . they’re always there to help you with homework, bake you cookies, be a shoulder for you to cry on, and most importantly, be the “bad guy” when you’re playing cops & robbers. So why not spoil your mom (or yourself – hey we’renot checking) by entering for this fabulous giveaway?
To honor one very special momma we’ve pulled together a plethora of Etsy vendors who have donated some of their beautiful creations/wares! Here’s what your mom gets if you win:
- A super kitschy vintage “Mom” mug from Bohemian Seed and Starbucks coffee donated via Tumblewee for a good ol’ cup of joe when mom wakes up.
- One dozen “Nana’s Cinnamon Rolls” from Love to Create3 to round out the breakfast tray you’ll be delivering the coffee on (it is Breakfast in Bed)!
- A $25 dollar gift certificate for mom to spend as she chooses at Naked Eye Beauty so she can get ready for her day after her breakfast in bed!
- Earrings and a matching ring from Jeannie Richard so she can look stylish in her outfit for the day.
You know the drill, do any of the following for an entry:
- Tell us the best memory you have about your mom!
- Comment below on your favorite item from Bohemian Seed
- Comment below on your favorite item from Love to Create3
- Comment below on your favorite item from Naked Eye Beauty
- Comment below on your favorite item from Jeannie Richard
- Comment below on your favorite item from Tumblewee
- Like us on Facebook (make sure to comment that you did so!)
- Subscribe to our blog
If you’re not a WordPress member make sure to leave your email so we can contact you if you’re the lucky winner!
We’ll pick a winner Saturday May12th at 5pm so you can tell your mom they won Good Morning Mom Giveaway at Tumblewee for Mother’s Day! Open to Canada and US residents.
Filed under: Etsy shopping, Giveaway, Holidays | Tagged: bohemian seed, breakfast in bed, cinnamon buns, coffee, Etsy, giveaway, happy, heart, jannie richard, love, love to create3, mom, mother's day, mug, naked eye beauty, starbucks coffee, tumblewee, vintage | 138 Comments »
I read this post by canadian mommy time - Hug Your Family – and it was so appropriate for any time of the year. I love the statistics and facts on how hugging helps our babies grow and develop. And not just our little wee ones, but it helps us adults too! Read more here – Hug Your Family.
Also, I wanted to share with you Jax’s v-day card that I’m getting out in the mail to my family and friends today (yes, on valentines day…I’ve been a little busy lately :) ).
I also wanted to say thank you to my awesome twin sister, Meg, for writing such a <3 loving <3 post. Made me smile and feel awesome! I am lucky to have such an amazing sister and family. My family has always been the cornerstone of my existence, and continues to be even more so as I add on to the family with my own little one!
Hope you are having an amazing day filled with love! Don’t forget to give each other LOVE with lots of hugs and happiness! ash
I know it’s not Valentine’s Day yet in the states but it is in China so I wanted to post about how very lucky I am to have such a lovely and talented twin sister. Ash is such a loving and crafty mom for Jax (that little kid sure lucked out in whatever baby lottery decided to send him to Ash!).
We love you both and miss you terribly!
meg & dee