It’s Monday Meals!
I thought this was such a smart idea – infuse your french toast (or just about anything) with veggie or fruit puree.
I have done this with pancakes (pumpkin) before, but I had never thought about doing it with french toast. French toast is our main go to in the morning. I whip up the mixture and make sure to double the recipe so I’ll have extra for the week. I mix it in a small, rectangular casserole container with a lid so that I can store the left over mixture in the fridge for use the next morning (think the size of bread slices).
I opted for sweet potato veggie puree, because Jax will always eat fruit so I don’t really need to “supplement” these into his diet. The recipe:
Infused French Toast(serves 4)
Combine the following in a bowl/container:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp veggie or fruit puree (banana, pinapple, sweet potato, carrot, butternut squash, pumpkin)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (the recipe doesn’t call for this either, but I love vanilla in my french toast)
- (the recipe doesn’t call for it, but I add a little milk too, about 1/4 cup. That’s how my mom always made french toast)
- 4 slices of bread
- Soak your bread in the mixture for about 30 seconds.
- Turn a griddle on medium-high heat. When the pan is hot coat the bottom with butter (roll it around to melt all over). When the butter melts, place your soaked bread slices on the griddle and cook till each side is golden brown.
- Serve with your pure maple syrup (I make sure it’s the real deal, not corn syrup with “maple syrup” flavoring) and/or these toppings; applesauce, peanut butter, fruit.
Jax usually has 1/2 piece of french toast (I eat the other half), a 1/8 cup of fruit, with an egg. I get both fruit and egg too.
Let me know what you think!
Filed under: Baby, Children, Family, Food, Monday Meals, Parenting tips, Uncategorized | Tagged: baby, breakfast, eash, family, food, frenchtoast, infused food, kids, monday meals, morning, sweet potato, toddler | 2 Comments »